Although many cartoon characters familiar to us through television, movies, video games and advertising look simple, that simplicity usually comes from many hours of work and development. Getting started can be the trickiest part in any character design project, but once you've got some ideas you can breath life into your creation.
- Sketch different ideas you want for your character. Research other designs to get some ideas.
- Draw your character design on paper with a pencil: front, side and back.
- Transfer your drawing onto marker paper.
- We will then ink the drawing with a permanent markers & pens.
- Add colour to your characters with markers.
Materials pencil, ink pens, sketch pad, markers, marker paper