In this lesson, we will be making greeting cards with Popcorn Colour Pens. Popcorn Colours are colour pens with ink that puff-up after applying heat to them. The theme for the cards will be for the upcoming Christmas holiday.
What you need
- Popcorn Colour pens
- colour paper
- hair dryer
What you do
- First, test out the popcorn pens on a piece of scrap paper to get a feel of what they are like.
- Brainstorm and sketch thumbnails for your card design. i.e. Santa, reindeer, snowman, snowflake, presents, etc. Also, consider where you will be placing your text.
- Lightly sketch your layout onto card stock.
- Add colour with Popcorn Colour Pens
- Write a message to the person you want to give the card to.
- After you have finished, blow dry your designs and watch your designs puff-up.