You will paint your paper clay sculptures you made from the previous lesson. We will be using gauche (poster colours) but it can also be painted with watercolours, acrylics or markers.
What you need:
chiseling tools and sandpaper
thick water-based paint (gouache)
paintbrushes or sponges
a container of white glue
some newspapers to keep your work area clean
What you do:
1. Refer back to your sketches from the previous lesson. Refine your sculpture with chiseling tools and sandpaper.
2. Select the colours that you will need to paint your sculpture.
3. Paint your sculpture starting with lighter colours first and darker colours last.
4. Use a small round brush for small detail work.
5. Look for any area that needs touching up.