Paper clay is lightweight sculpting material that can be moulded and air dried to a hard finish. It handles similarly to traditional soil clay. You can create miniatures, jewellery, dolls, animals, bugs, cartoon characters and more with paper clay.
What you need:
- paper clay
- sculpting wire
- masking tape
- sculpting tools
- white glue
- mineral oil
- markers & pencils
What you do:
- First, plan your sculpture with pencils and markers in your sketchpad.
- Tape a ball of newspaper with masking tape.
- Cover it with paper clay and mould your sculpture around it. (This is to make your sculpture hollow so that the paper clay can evenly dry.)
- Further refine your sculpture with sculpting tools.
- Once your sculpture is complete, let it dry in a safe place and sculpt another another creature!