Overview Learn about primary colours and how to mix them to produce secondary colours, using watercolour paint. Basic shapes will also be reviewed.
- Introduction to primary colours RED, YELLOW and BLUE. These 3 primary colours can be mixed to produce secondary colours.
- Review a variety of different shapes: circle, square, triangle, oval, rectangle, star, octagon & pentagon.
- We will draw some basic shapes in our sketchpad for a colour-mixing painting exercise. After sketching our layout, we will outline the drawing with a permanent black marker.
- With a painting palette of 3 primary colours: red, blue and yellow, mix 2 of the primary colours to produce secondary colours: orange, green and purple.
- Draw and paint your favourite cartoon or animal using a similar process.
Materials watercolour paper, watercolour paint, paintbrush set, permanent black markers, pencils