In this lesson we will be making a cross-contour line drawing of our hands. A cross-contour line drawings helps you understand the three-dimensional form of an object. This exercises strengthens your observational skills and helps to make your drawings appear more realistic.
What you need
- sketch pad
- markers and crayons
What you do
- Trace both your hands onto paper.
- Select several colours you want to draw contour lines with.
- Start with the darkest colour, drawing the lines horizontally, about 5cm apart.
- Add more contour lines with the other colours you have selected, from darkest to lightest.
- Continue drawing lines until you are satisfied with the final drawing.