Children will make miniature worlds using Line Clay. Line Clay is string-like clay that can be bent, coiled or sculpted like a metal wire. The children will choose a theme and build miniatures related to it. They will also build three dimensional environments that correlate with their themes.
Themes for your miniatures
- sea life
- wild animals
What you need
- line clay
- construction paper
- glue stick
What you do
- Since line clay is doesn't stick together as easily as other kinds of clay, we will use one line of clay for each miniature sculpture.
- Select a single line clay colour for your sculpture and mould it as if you were bending a metal coat hanger.
- After you have completed sculpting a few miniatures, work on a background that correlates with your theme. Use cardboard and construction paper to build a three dimensional environments for your miniatures.
- Place your miniatures into your environments and play. Make a narrative for your miniature world.
- Optional: Narrate and film a story.