In this lesson, we will design and construct our own Halloween masks. Masks are surprisingly difficult to make. This activity will stretch your problem solving skills. Get ready for a fun and rewarding challenge!
What you need
- sketchbook, pencil, eraser
- construction paper
- markers, crayons
- scissors, knife
- glue gun, glue stick
- cutting mat
What you do
- First, decide on what kind of mask you want to make from some themes: Animals, Halloween or Superhero
- Sketch several quick concepts of your mask design and colour it.
- Once you have chosen your design, draw it in actual size using a mask template which I will provide for you.
- Draw and cutout different parts of your mask with coloured construction paper.
- Glue the pieces together.
- Add small details with permanent markers.
- Animal theme: Lion, Tiger, Bear, Zebra, Rhino, Dinosaur.
- Halloween theme: Vampire, Mummy, Bat, Frankenstein, Ferry.
- Superhero theme: Spider-Man, Hulk, Iron-Man, Batman, Captain America. etc.