In this lesson, you will design and construct your own masks. This activity will stretch you. It takes a lot of planning to design and construct a mask. Get ready for a fun and rewarding challenge!
What you need
- sketchbook and pencil
- construction paper
- markers, crayons
- scissors, knife
- glue gun, glue stick
- cutting mat
What you do
- First you will decide on a mask to make from several themes.
- Draw and colour several quick sketches to visualize what your mask will look like.
- Design and plan the different components of your mask with construction paper.
- Start cutting and gluing the pieces together.
- Add smaller details with markers.
- Animal theme: Lion, Tiger, Bear, Zebra, Rhino, Dinosaur.
- Halloween theme: Vampire, Mummy, Bat, Frankenstein, Ferry.
- Superhero theme: Spider-Man, Hulk, Iron-Man, Batman, Captain America. etc.