In this activity we will create beautiful stained glass artwork with Glass Deco. Students will first conceptualize their designs on paper before they make their own Glass Deco artwork. This activity helps children improve their fine motor skills by having them squeeze correct amounts of paint from tubes and coloring inside of lines.
What you need
- Permanent black marker
- Glass Deco
- Acetate Film
What you do
- Brainstorm different themes for your glass deco designs.
- Sketch a design for your glass deco art. Be imaginative with your ideas and choice of colour.
- Choose 1 idea that you like and outline it with a black permanent marker and colour it. The design should be no bigger 10 x 10 centimeters square.
- Place a sheet of clear acetate over your design and trace the outlines with black glass deco paint.
- After you are finished, put it aside and allow the black lines to dry.
- While is it drying, make another design repeating steps 1-4.
- After outlining your second design, return to your first design and check if it has dried by touching it gently with your finger.
- If it is dry, colour in your outlines and do the same with your second design.
Glass Deco Themes and Ideas
- marine life
- shoes and handbags
- fast food
- fruits and vegetables