In this activity the students will create beautiful stained glass artwork with Glass Deco. This activity requires the students to fine-tune their motor skills by squeezing the right amount of paint from a tube and painting inside of the lines. They can make their own creative designs or follow a pre-existing template.
What you need
- Permanent black marker
- Glass Deco
- Acetate Film
- Pre-existing templates designs
What you do
- Sketch a design for your glass deco art. Be imaginative with your ideas and choice of colour. If you need some inspiration, look through (or use) other pre-existing designs.
- Choose an idea that you like the most and outline it with a black permanent marker and colour it. The design should be no bigger 10 x 10 centimeters square.
- Place a sheet of clear acetate over your design and trace the outlines with black glass deco paint.
- After you are finished, put it aside and allow the black lines to dry.
- While is it drying, make another design repeating steps 1-4.
- Once you have completed the steps, return to your first design and check if it has dried by touching it gently with your finger.
- If it is dry, paint the colours within the black lines. Refer back to your rough design.
- Repeat steps 6 & 7 for your second design.