Design a personal logo with the initials of your name. Develop the step-by-step process of conceptualizing your ideas. Your design should symbolize aspects of your personality — It should represent you.
What is a Logo?
A logo is a symbol that represents or stands for something. A logo visually communicates information quickly and effectively. We can all recognize the symbols of famous brands (and symbols), with just a quick glance.
- What are symbols? How long have they existed?
- What types of symbols exist today? Why are they so important?
- How do symbols represent other ideas or concepts?
- What is the difference between a symbol and a logo?
- What is branding and who uses it?
- What do you feel when you see the logo of your favorite brand?
What you need
- sketch pad
- poster colours (gouache paint)
What you do
- Draw several thumbnail sketches of your logo design. Your ideas can reflect your interests, values, personality, dreams, hobbies etc.
- Choose 3 ideas that you like the most and develop them further.
- Progress to colouring your sketch designs with markers. Remember to also choose the colours that represent you best.
- Show your designs to other classmates for feedback. Explain the reason for your designs.
- Choose the idea that you like most and make a large pencil line drawing of it on a large piece of quality paper. Refined your logo design.
- Outline the pencil lines with a black permanent marker.
- Paint your designs with poster colours.