In the second part of the paper clay tile lesson we will paint our paper clay designs using gauche paint (poster colours).
What you need:
- Paper clay
- thick water-based paint (gouache)
- water containers
- white glue
- some newspapers to keep your work area clean
What you do:
- Refer back to your rough design sketches and select the colours that you will need to paint your sculpture with.
- Paint your sculpture starting with the lighter colours first and darker colours last.
- Use a small round brush for small detail work.
- Look over your sculpture to find any area that can be touched up and improved.