Paper clay is lightweight sculpting material that can be moulded and air dried to a hard finish. It is versatile, handling similar to traditional soil clay. Today, students will make three-dimensional paper clay tile designs.
What you need
- paper clay
- sculpting tools
- white glue
- mineral oil
- markers & pencils
- pencil crayons
What you do
- Think of a theme for your paper clay design. It can be about nature, wildlife, space, dinosaurs, insects or anything you can imagine.
- In pencil, make rough sketches of your 10 x 10 centimetre clay illustration on paper....Be creative!
- Colour your design with markers.
- Take your paper clay out of the wrapper. Knead the clay, play with it to get a sense of how to sculpted it.
- Start sculpting your design. Refer back to your sketch as you are sculpting.
- Allow your sculpture dry so that it can be painted in the next class.