This week, we will be illustrating an environmental posters about recycling. It will be titled: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Your ideas can be original and creative as long as it communicates a message to reduce waste.
What you need
- large sketchpad
- pencils, eraser and permenent markers
- pastel, markers and crayons
- What are some different recycling categories? ie. plastic, paper, vinyl, glass, cans, food waste, etc.
- Name some household products at your home that can be recycled? ie. milk cartons, paper, food wrappers, plastic bags, yogurt bottle, etc.
- How can our environment benefit from recycling waste?
What you do
- Design several 2-4 thumbnail sketches of your poster. Be creative and original with your concept.
- Choose the idea you like most and refine it. Include titles, words and phrases. Roughly colour your sketch.
- Transfer you idea onto a large sketch pad in pencil.
- Outline your pencil lines with a black permanent marker.
- Colour your final artwork with pastels and crayons.