This is Jon. He is in middle school. Jon has always loved art ever since he was a child. When I first started teaching Jon, he wanted to be an architect like his father. However, he later developed an interest in product design. Jon has excellent drawing skills and a remarkable imagination. He has often surprised me with the quality of his ideas in his artwork.
My interest in art began as a child with American animation and comic books. It later progressed to Japanese and French comics, followed by industrial design, architecture and fashion illustration. (I think this is apparent in my portfolio.) My favorite artists include Katsuhiro Otomo, Bill Watterson, Blaise Drummond, Isao Yajima and many more. Here is some of my artwork.
Sheridan College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning; Oakville ON, Canada — Illustration-Technical and Scientific
Ontario College of Art and Design; Toronto ON, Canada — Art Foundation Studies
Central Technical High School; Toronto ON, Canada — Visual Arts Comprehensive Program
Languages International; Toronto ON, Canada — Teaching English as a Second Language
BizLaunch; Toronto ON, Canada — Entrepreneurial Training
Haewon Elementary School 해원초등학교; Busan, S. Korea
Artphil Institute; Busan, S. Korea
Busan International Foreign School; Busan, S. Korea
Dynamic Busan; Busan, S. Korea
The Korea Times; Seoul, S. Korea
ASEAN-Republic of Korea Commemorative Summit
Oh My News; Seoul, S. Korea
Arctic trading; Mississauga ON, Canada
PH Graphics; Concord ON, Canada
Creative Commercial Graphic Design; Toronto ON, Canada
Imagineering Scientific & Technical Artworks Inc.; Concord ON, Canada
Black Rain Productions; Toronto ON, Canada
- Comprehensive understanding of visual art; drawing, painting, sculpting and design.
- In-depth understanding of sequential and narrative art; film, comic books, storyboarding, etc.
- Diverse knowledge of computer applications; Adobe, Apple, Microsoft Office and other software.
- Commercial experience in art as an employee and freelance contractor
- Fluent in English, intermediate Korean language skills.
Accomplishments & Volunteer Experience
- Board of Education Art Award for Outstanding Contribution
- Etobicoke Certificate of Award in Art
- Highest secondary school average in art for 2 consecutive years
- Designed posters for the North York Harvest Food Drive
- Volunteered for food drives and events for churches and local communities.
- Visual / Narrative Art
- Behavioural Science
- Personal Development
Aara is seven years old and her favorite subject is art. She is never short on ideas and has a very active imagination. She is fascinated with dinosaurs, as you can see in her artwork. She loves to draw comic books with characters she has created.